I have a quick card to share today using an old stamp from my stash.
I stamped onto an acrylic background and coloured using watercolour paints.
Finally, I added a length of my own crochet lace and 2 beaded dragonflies, which I had made previously.
I hope you like it.
I have been doing some quick cards recently and I fancied doing something a little more involved. So I reached for a selection of my favourite stamps and collage stamped a background. Not surprising I reached for my trusty teal inkpad.
The crochet lace is a length I had made previously and I also found the perfect beaded dragonfly to hang in the aperture.
Thanks for visiting me in blogland.
I have used a very beautiful floral stamp from Hobby Art and is the main feature of this card.
I started by stamping in black onto a card which I had covered with various shades of acrylic paint. I extended the stamp with a fine black pen and coloured the image in with watercolour pencils, before matting onto a paler green cardstock.
For the background I used a co-ordinating piece of patterned paper which I ran through an embossing folder and highlighted the embossing with a green inkpad. The same inkpad was used to edge all of the card pieces to define each of the layers.
I cut a piece of lattice using a Spellbinders die out of pale yellow card.
The crochet lace I made using white cotton thread and ironed with starch to the right size using pins.
The white in the crochet lace highlights the white colouring in the floral stamp.
A simple and small stamp but a very big effect!
All for now.
I would like to share this card which is quite unusual for me. I am not ordinarily one for using pink and especially bright pink, but I do love it when combined with black and grey, I think it makes for quite a dramatic look.
I started with the stamped panels which I used a variety of stamps, including a butterfly, flower, harlequin, flourish and a text stamp and created a background by overstamping and masking. The background was then cut into 3 equal sections and shuffled before matting on to the pink layer on the white base card.
The crochet lace was made using a grey cotton thread and was made larger than the width of the card. By pinning it into shape and then ironing it with starch it becomes a much more dense piece of lace which holds it shape and now fits on the card perfectly over the stamped panels.
I finished the card with an assortment of flowers which were stamped and embossed onto a piece of card I had watercoloured to co-ordinate and added some black foam flourishes using a Sizzix die for added texture and interest.
All for now.