This card is a variation of a previous post – Daffodils and Ferns.
To make the main image I did the exact same thing – I covered a piece of card with acrylic paint and used the same colour paint mixed with texture paste and applied through the mask.
This card however, I layered differently and kept it quite simple.
I used the same Harlequin paper together with a yellow layer which I ran through a Harlequin embossing folder.
I also edged each layer with black to add definition.
Perfect for the men in our lives.
I was tidying up some photos and found these which I don’t think I have ever shared.
It was at the same time I did a guest post at Chocolate Baroque and I did this as an alternative colour option but I opted for the pink version to be found here if you missed it http://wp.me/p385yc-lW. However, looking back at it, I do like this colour scheme.
I have used my very much loved technique of collage embossing folder on the background layer.
Thanks for visiting.
I totally forgot to share the other Mothers Day card I made, here it is….
I used an old die from my stash and cut loads of little fuschias in white which I painted using watercolours.
I used a die to create an aperture, which I then embossed and made a further frame for a neat outline. A co-ordinated frame for a greeting and the card is finished.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Yippee it’s Friday again and a bank holiday weekend too….lovely!
So today I would like to share a card I made that I didn’t use a single stamp on, which is very unusual for me not to throw every single stamp I have at a project. I love collage stamping and I decided to use my embossing folders in a similar way.
Firstly, I inked through a mask.
I then embossed through 3 embossing folders inking only sections each time.
I enjoyed my “playing” and I hope you like it too. Thanks for visiting, please come back again soon.
Have a great weekend.
I have some more Twinchies today, which is always a nice way to start a week.
I really had fun with these, all using the same Butterfly stamp in 3 colourways.
The first trio is simply stamped and coloured in using pencils. Then using embossing folders I have inked in a corresponding colour to accent the embossing and then flattened again to bring the stamping back as the focal image.
The others are stamped using watercolours; one onto dry and one onto wet. Great effects and fun to do. I then overstamped in black ink once dry.
I love these and I hope you do too.
See you again with something else.
Here to share some more twinchies I have made.
These are using a medley of stamps from Chocolate Baroque.
These are so much fun to do and I used various different techniques here to add depth.
Hope to see you back here soon for some more creations.
Thanks for joining me again today.
I very rarely use green but have added touches of turquoise in this card which I think makes it much more feminine.
The floral stamp is from the wonderful Hobby Art collection, which I have coloured here with chalks for the background of the image and then watercolour pencils.
A few random sized layers of co-ordinating cardstock were then positioned behind, which I had embossed using various embossing folders from the lovely Crafters Companion.
A few corner punches and the addition of some Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms together with some Flourishes just adds a little dimension to the card to finish.
Hope to see you again here soon!
I have used a very beautiful floral stamp from Hobby Art and is the main feature of this card.
I started by stamping in black onto a card which I had covered with various shades of acrylic paint. I extended the stamp with a fine black pen and coloured the image in with watercolour pencils, before matting onto a paler green cardstock.
For the background I used a co-ordinating piece of patterned paper which I ran through an embossing folder and highlighted the embossing with a green inkpad. The same inkpad was used to edge all of the card pieces to define each of the layers.
I cut a piece of lattice using a Spellbinders die out of pale yellow card.
The crochet lace I made using white cotton thread and ironed with starch to the right size using pins.
The white in the crochet lace highlights the white colouring in the floral stamp.
A simple and small stamp but a very big effect!
All for now.