I have a journal page to share today using a lovely Gorjuss Stamped image.
I hope you like it.
It wasn’t going to be long until a blue card appeared and today is the day. Here it is…
I started with a 6.5” square of white card and in pencil I traced the shapes of the basketweave mask from That Special Touch. I then stamped images from my mini Christmas stamp collection within the mask shape in a quite uniformed manner. In a co-ordinated coloured pen I re-drew the mask shapes up to each image and rubbed out my pencil marks.
Here is the stamping…
I masked each image off and stamped the background in a lighter ink using a Holly stamp, a Merry Christmas text stamp and a snow stamp. I stamped only sections of each stamp for a random background with no edges.
I added a little pencil shading to the basketweave shapes to make them appear 3D and less flat.
I mounted onto 2 co-ordinated layers to co-ordinate with the ink colours used.
I stamped the Merry Christmas greeting firstly in the darker ink and then overstamped in the lighter ink offsetting slightly to create a shadow effect. I placed the greeting to hide the one stamp I used which hadn’t been cleaned and stamped rather dirtily.
A little Holly embelishment using a sizzix die and a little faux stitching to finish.
Thanks for visiting. Please visit again soon.
I started with a Gelli Print I had made using the Gelli Plate with acrylic paints in shades of pink, red, orange and yellow.
I drew a flower using a Sharpie and coloured in using Spectrum Noir pencils.
I splodged yellow acrylic paint randomly through sections of “That Special Touch” Basket Weave Mask and left to dry completely. I then repeated the process using red acrylic paint and the Moroccan mask.
The last mask I used was “That Special Touch” Leafy and this time I used 3D Clear Texture Paste and applied through sections. It is white when it goes on but clear and shiny when it is dry.
I then cut lots of diecuts:
Sizzix Interlocking Circles Border Die in pale yellow (which I inked with orange and red ink randomly and tore roughly into 2 sections)
Sizzix Bigz Decorative Accent w/Flower & Leaves in orange foam (which I again stained with ink)
XCut Alphabet die (which I layered onto red cardstock)
I then arranged all the diecuts and added handwritten words.
I hope you like. As always, I would love to hear your comments.